Nostradamus is the second Bonus Pet that can be bought. He looks exactly like a nose with a fish tail. He drifts around the tank and produces Snot once in a while, as well as sneezing to disrupt alien attacks.
Nostradamus produces snot that can be clicked on for 1$, in a similar manner to Vert. However, given how low of a dollar value they provide when collected, the average income generated by snot alone is nonviable.
If a Guppy eats it while it is hungry (when it is green), the guppy turns into another Nostradamus. In virtual tank, if the guppy is not green, a text saying "Yuk!" will appear over the guppy and then it dies.
The real utility behind Nostradamus is his ability to perform a "Sneeze of Power". This ability allows any Alien attacks to be postponed for a few moments, before the attack is attempted again and the aliens come through.
This ability allows Nostradamus to be a very obtuse Defensive Pet, as the slowing down of alien attacks allows players to gain more time with their fishes before a dangerous attack takes place. It also makes each alien attack to be separated by longer from each attempt, allowing a player to accomplish more between attacks, such as gaining enough income to purchase some Laser upgrades and be better prepared for further attacks.
|THE STORY OF|
|NOSTRADAMUS THE NOSE|
|Asked by skeptics whether he really is the nose of President|
Rutherford B. Hayes, NOSTRADAMUS replies: "Yes and no. I was
President Hayes' second nose. His first nose was blown off in the
- Nostradamus got his name from a famous Frenchman of the 16th Century who published prophecies under the pen-name "Nostradamus". "Nostradamus" is Latin for "our lady", that is to say, the Virgin Mary.
- It appears that the Fish think the Nostradamus' Snot is gross, due to fact it came from inside a nose. The fact that the nose is that of a former American President does not seem to have the desired patriotic effect.... Guess that's what you expect from fish.
- By players' votes, this is the worst Pet ever. Some others feel he is kinda funny.
- In Virtual Tank Mode, if a Guppy eats Nostradamus' snot, on the screen just above it, it will say "Yuk!" The words, like music notes, will then float up a little bit, and disappear. The same thing happens with Johnny V and his pizza.
- When Nostradamus postpones an Alien attack, on the bottom on screen a message will appear. It says "Attack postponed by the Sneeze of Power!"
- When the last guppy is turned into a Nostradamus (as long as there is no other fish type), the game will give you a free guppy.
- This also happens with Amp when he electrocutes the guppies (as long as there are no other fish type in the tank).
|Tank 1||Stinky • Niko • Itchy • Prego • Zorf|
|Tank 2||Clyde • Vert • Rufus • Meryl • Wadsworth|
|Tank 3||Seymour • Shrapnel • Gumbo • Blip • Rhubarb|
|Tank 4||Nimbus • Amp • Gash • Angie|
|Bonus||Brinkley • Nostradamus • Stanley • Walter|