Nostradamus is the second Bonus Pet that can be bought. He looks exactly like a nose with a fish tail. He drifts around the tank and produces Snot once in a while, as well as sneezing to disrupt alien attacks.
Nostradamus produces snot that can be clicked on for 1$, in a similar manner to Vert. However, given how low of a dollar value they provide when collected, the average income generated by snot alone is nonviable.
If a Guppy eats it while it is hungry (when it is green), the guppy turns into an another Nostradamus. In virtual tank, if the guppy is not green, a text saying "Yuk!" will appear over the guppy and then it dies.
The real utility behind Nostradamus is his ability to perform a "Sneeze of Power". This ability allows any Alien attacks to be postponed for a few moments, before the attack is attempted again and the aliens come through.
This ability allows Nostradamus to be a very obtuse Defensive Pet, as the slowing down of alien attacks allows players to gain more time with their fishes before a dangerous attack takes place. It also makes each alien attack to be separated by longer from each attempt, allowing a player to accomplish more between attacks, such as gaining enough income to purchase some Laser upgrades and be better prepared for further attacks.
Story"Asked by skeptics whether he really is the nose of President Rutherford B. Hayes, Nostradamus replies: 'Yes and no. I was President Hayes' second nose. His first nose was blown off in the Civil War.'"
- Nostradamus got his name from a famous Frenchman of the 16th Century who published prophecies under the pen-name "Nostradamus". "Nostradamus" is Latin for "our lady", that is to say, the Virgin Mary.
- It appears that the Fish think the Nostradamus' Snot is gross, due to fact it came from inside a nose. The fact that the nose is that of a former American President does not seem to have the desired patriotic effect.... Guess that's what you expect from fish.
- By players' votes, this is the worst Pet ever. Some others feel he is kinda funny.
- In Virtual Tank Mode, if a Guppy eats Nostradamus' snot, on the screen just above it, it will say "Yuk!" The words, like music notes, will then float up a little bit, and disappear. The same thing happens with Johnny V and his pizza.
- When Nostradamus postpones an Alien attack, on the bottom on screen a message will appear. It says "Attack postponed by the Sneeze of Power!"
- When the last guppy is turned into a Nostradamus (as long as there is no other fish type), the game will give you a free guppy.
|Tank 1||Stinky • Niko • Itchy • Prego • Zorf|
|Tank 2||Clyde • Vert • Rufus • Meryl • Wadsworth|
|Tank 3||Seymour • Shrapnel • Gumbo • Blip • Rhubarb|
|Tank 4||Nimbus • Amp • Gash • Angie|
|Bonus||Brinkley • Nostradamus • Stanley • Walter|