Nostradamus is the second bonus pet that can be bought. He looks exactly like a nose with a fish tail. He drifts around the tank and produces snot once in a while.
Nostradamus produces snot that can be clicked on for 1$. If a guppy eats it while it is hungry (when it is green), the guppy turns into another Nostradamus. If it is not shown as hungry, a text saying "Yuck!!!" will appear over the guppy. Nostradamus also sneezes to postpone alien attacks most of the time, but after a few seconds the alien will attack again.
Asked by skeptics whether he really is the nose of President Rutherford B. Hayes, Nostradamus replies: "Yes and no. I was President Hayes' second nose. His first nose was blown off in the Civil War."
- Nostradamus got his name from a famous Frenchman of the 16th Century who published prophecies under the pen-name "Nostradamus". "Nostradamus" is Latin for "our lady", that is to say, the Virgin Mary.
- In Virtual Tank, if a guppy eats Nostradamus' snot, on the screen just above it, it will say "Yuck!!!" The words, like music notes, will then float up a little bit, and disappear. The same thing happens with Johnny V and his pizza.
- Medium and Large Guppies can eat the snot then they turn into a Nostradamus.
- By players' votes, this is the worst pet ever. Some others feel he is kinda funny.
- It appears that the fish think the snot is gross, due to fact it came from inside a nose. The fact that the nose is that of a former American President does not seem to have the desired patriotic effect.... Guess that's what you expect from fish.