Presto The Tadpole is the final pet to be acquired in Adventure Mode. He is a cyan tadpole with green tail fins and black eyes. He has the ability to transform himself into any pet you have.
Presto is, no doubt, the most useful pet in the game. With him along, it is possible to have two of the same pet. By right-clicking him, a window will appear around the screen, with pictures of all your pets. Choose a pet and Presto will transform into that pet. After transforming, Presto will have to "recharge". Recharging should take about 15 seconds. If you right click Presto while he is recharging, a buzzer (the same sound you hear when you click on the item but you do not have enough money or if you click anywhere in the tank to drop fish food but your money is below $5) will sound and text that says "RECHARGING..." will float.
Presto is not actually a real pet. He was made up for the game.
Presto is, no doubt, the most useful pet in the game. There are many strategies concerning Presto. One good example is at the start of the game, transform Presto into Shrapnel for fast money. When an alien comes, transform him into an attacker pet (Itchy, Rufus, Gash, or Stanley). Another one is by using him as a second Angie when pairing with Amp. It is up to you how to use him.
- It is unknown how Presto can transform into other pets.
- If Presto is near the surface and changes into Stinky, Rufus, Niko, or Rhubarb, it will slowly fall to the ground.
- Although Presto can change into Niko, he will not appear in the tank-specific location. Instead, he will be on the ground.
- If Presto is changed into Gash, it will eat a Guppy a few seconds after the transformation.
- If Presto is changed into Blip, and you change him into another pet after all the purchase options are unlocked, they will still be unlocked. Change Presto to Blip at the beginning to unlock all the purchase options (useful for Bonus Adventure).
- The border around the screen with Presto's transformation Pet selection has the title "Presto Change-O".
- When Walter punches Presto, he will revert back to his tadpole form.
- Presto shares the transformation ability with Imitater (from Plants vs. Zombies, a game also made by PopCap Games).
- He is the only pet whose price is not a multiple of 5 ($299997).
- He has the shortest story in the game.