Walter is the fourth bonus pet and the final pet in the game. He is an indigo penguin with an orange beak, a white belly, and large eyes. When Walter is clicked, he launches a boxing glove, forcing whatever fish or pet it hits to perform an action.
Walter will swim around the tank aimlessly and launch his boxing glove when clicked on by the player. This makes it somewhat difficult to aim his punches as the player cannot control what fish or pets happen to be in front of him.
After using his boxing glove five times, Walter will fall asleep for a short time to recharge.
Boxing Glove Effects
- Most Fish will drop their standard currency when punched by Walter. This includes Guppys, Carnivores, Beetlemunchers, and Ultravores, Bilaterus Heads, Ball Fish, and Mini-Sylvesters. However, hungry fish will not drop anything.
- Most Pets are forced back when punched but don't seem to otherwise be affected. This list includes Itchy, Zorf, Meryl, Wadsworth, Seymour, Gumbo, Blip, Nimbus, Gash, Angie, un-transformed Presto, Brinkley, Stanley, and Walter himself.
- Stinky, Niko, Prego, Clyde, Rufus, and Rhubarb are not affected in any way. This also applies to Presto when he's one of these pets, and can be helpful if you don't want to re-transform Presto every time he gets punched.
- Vert, Shrapnel, and Nostradamus all drop their respective currency when punched.
- Amp gets fully charged after being punched
- Presto will respond to being punched just like the pet he's currently transformed into. However, he will also be forced back into his tadpole form. (unless he's one of the pets that are immune to being punched).
"Walter masks his tremendous insecurities with sheer bravado and scrappyness. On the outside, this happy-go-lucky penguin seems to have not a care in the world. On the inside, he has a great big boxing glove which he uses to punch people."
- Walter is the only bird in the game.
- In the virtual tank, Walter does not sleep.